Reisterstown Real Estate Analysis
Location of Reisterstown, Maryland
|Country||United States of America|
|Founded by||John Reister|
|• Total||5.2 sq mi (13.4 km2)|
|• Land||5.2 sq mi (13.4 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||720 ft (220 m)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|ZIP codes||21136, 21071|
|Area code(s)||410, 443|
|GNIS feature ID||0591112|
Founded by German immigrant John Reister in 1758, it is located to the northwest of Baltimore. Though it is older than the areas surrounding it, it now serves primarily as a residential suburb of Baltimore. The center is designated the Reisterstown Historic District and listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979. Also listed are the Montrose Mansion and Chapel and St. Michael’s Church.
Just outside the community, to its north, is the small military reservation of Camp Fretterd, which serves as a training site for the Maryland Army National Guard and Air Guard. The Maryland Defense Force is also headquartered at Camp Fretterd.
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the Reisterstown CDP occupies 5.2 square miles (13.4 km2), all of it land.
The community stretches along Reistertown Road (Maryland Route 140) and the Northwestern Expressway (Interstate 795) just north of Owings Mills. Its northern boundary lies near the junction of MD-140 and Hanover Pike (MD-30), which heads north towardsHampstead. MD-140 passes the northern end of I-795 and continues northwest as Westminster Pike, heading towards Finksburg and Westminster. The community of Glyndon is located adjacent to the northern portion of Reisterstown along Butler Road (MD-128), which connects Reisterstown with the Baltimore-Harrisburg Expressway (Interstate 83). To the east of Reisterstown is the community of Worthington, located around Greenspring Avenue and Park Heights Avenue (MD-129). To the west of Reisterstown is Liberty Reservoir.
The census of 2010 reported that there were 25,968 people and 6,740 families residing in the Reisterstown census-designated place (CDP), living in 10,133 of available housing units. The racial makeup of the CDP was 57.2% White, 29.3% African American, 0.4%Native American, 6.3% Asian, 0.1% Pacific Islander, 3.7% from other races, and 3.2% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 8.9% of the population.
Of the community’s 10,133 households, 33.0% had children under 18 years, 44.5% were married couples living together, 17.0% had a female householder with no husband present, and 33.5% were non-families. Individuals living alone occupied 81.2% of the non-family households; 30.4% of these individuals were 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.54 and the average family size was 3.07.
In the CDP, the population was spread out with 27.1% under the age of 20, 6.5% from 20 to 25, 29.6% from 25 to 44, 26.2% from 45 to 64, and 10.5% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 36.2 years.
In the 2009-2013 American Community Survey 5-Year Estimates, the median income for a household in the CDP was $60,201, and the median income for a family was $65,911. The per capita income for the CDP was $72,714. About 11.6% of families and 14.4% of the population were below the poverty line, including 20.1% of those under age 18 and 6.6%% of those age 65 or over.
Major roads in the Reisterstown area include:
- Butler Road (MD-128)
- Cockeys Mill Road
- Deer Park Road
- Dover Road
- Franklin Boulevard
- Hanover Pike (MD-30)
- Ivy Mill Road
- Main Street (MD-140)
- Northwest Expressway (I-795), an interstate highway that connects the community to the Baltimore Beltway
- Red Run Boulevard
- Reisterstown Road (MD-140), the central road and the major transportation artery of the town
- Sacred Heart Lane (formerly MD-127)
- Westminster Pike (MD-140)
- Worthington Avenue
- Berrymans Lane
- Elementary: Franklin, Cedarmere, Glyndon, Reisterstown, Timber Grove, and Chatsworth. All are grades K–5. Franklin, Cedarmere, Glyndon, and Reisterstown also provide preschool education.
- Middle: Franklin (Grades 6–8)
- High: Franklin (Grades 9–12)
- Hannah More School (Grades 7–12)
- Sacred Heart Parochial School (Grades K–8 and preschool)
Reisterstown Real Estate Listings
Active Listings in Reisterstown
- 12506 Sydney DRIVE Reisterstown, MD 21136
- 5416 Glen Falls ROAD Reisterstown, MD 21136
- 5406 Glen Falls ROAD Reisterstown, MD 21136
- 5404 Glen Falls ROAD Reisterstown, MD 21136
- 511 & 517 Church ROAD Reisterstown, MD 21136
- 524 Church Road Reisterstown, MD 21136
- 12 Jarretts COURT Reisterstown, MD 21136
- Stocksdale Ave – 3550 W. Reisterstown Rd AVENUE Reisterstown, MD 21136
- 12809A Sagamore Forest Lane Reisterstown, MD 21136
- 13732 Hiltner ROAD Reisterstown, MD 21136
- 12726 Gores Mill ROAD Reisterstown, MD 21136
Sold Listings in Reisterstown
- Cockeys Mill ROAD Reisterstown, MD 21136
- 3001 Black Rock ROAD Reisterstown, MD 21136
- 12809 Sagamore Forest LANE Reisterstown, MD 21136
Walk Score for Reisterstown
Reisterstown School Data
Reisterstown School Districts
We’re sorry, we were unable to load the school district data. Please check back soon.
- Cedarmere Elementary School
- PK-5, public
- Chatsworth School
- K-5, public
- Franklin Elementary School
- PK-5, public
- Franklin Middle School
- 6-8, public
- Franklin High School
- 9-12, public
- Reisterstown Elementary School
- PK-5, public
- Glyndon Elementary School
- PK-5, public
- The Forbush School At Glyndon
- 1-12, private
- Hannah More School
- 6-8, private
« Previous Post: Pikesville